Monday, May 26, 2008

Toads and Farmy Things

We went to Justin's parents' house again yesterday for Memorial Day. It was fun. Food was eaten. Pictures were taken. At least one person (me) got a very mild sunburn. Anyway, I brought all my camera stuff so I could run around and take pictures only to find that my battery was dead. Both batteries. Also, the only camera related thing I didn't bring was my charger. So, yeah, way to go me. Luckily, Justin's mom has a Nikon D40 (I've got a D50) and was nice enough to let me use her camera body (I still had all my own lenses). For really not being that different from mine, it was really sort of awkward to use her camera. I kept pushing the same buttons but different things happened. I got it mostly figured out though.


Toad's are pretty inanimate for being living things.


I did actually see this one eat an ant which was cute. Also, I need to get used to depth of field being a thing I can manipulate. Note to self: pay attention to the things which are not in focus as well as those that are.

Toads have really reflective eyes. In the large version, you can very clearly see Justin's parents' house. Kind of bizarre.


You can see me laying down in the dirt, holding the camera in his eye. Once again, check the large version.


He was under the bushes, hanging out in the shade. This toad is both practical and whimsical-looking.


This photo is really not that great. I'm not entirely sure why I'm posting it except that I really want a nice picture of dandelion fluff (which I've obviously yet to achieve).


The obligatory picture of sheep. Also, Justin's aunt.

So a funny thing happened. Zach, the son of Justin's cousin, decided he really wanted to shovel some llama poo. He would not let anyone else help. Also, he was making sure to warn Ande, the llama and creator of said poo, not to step in it. These are definitely ones for the photo album. The really embarrassing photo album your parents pull out when you start dating.






He is clearly a determined little fella.

In other news, I'll be going back to Arkansas June 7th through the 21st. Also, I'll be going back to work for Prof. Kletzing tomorrow.

No comments: