Thursday, May 29, 2008

Also, blog.

I wish I had more photomos but the weather has been a little poopy and I don't ever seem to make my way outside until the light is just about gone. Instead, I will attempt to entertain you with words, a daunting task indeed.

It looks like Saturday I'm going to be heading out to Davenport to visit with Justin's grandfather. I'm trading him photoshop lessons for photography lessons and embarrassing photos from Justin's youth. Score, right? In the mean time, I'm trying to organize some sort of portfolio-ish thing that I could show him (or, you know, other people). Right now, it looks like this. Feel free to peruse my flickr account and leave me suggestions. I think it's still sort of a toss up between photos that are good and photos I just like.

I've gotten to the point that I really want to do something with photography but I don't know what or how to get started. So far, my only real idea has been to put together some of themed series over the summer and see if I can get it hung up in one of the local coffee shops that do that kind of thing. It's a fairly half-assed idea and I'll probably never go through with it because it would require me to talk to people. Argh!

I've come to realize that if there's anyone subscribed to my RSS feed, they probably get an update every time I change a photo which happens super often and must be excruciatingly annoying. If you exist, I apologize. I'm just really finicky about post-processing. I am constantly uploading new version and deleting the old ones and the idea of having missing photos in my blog I ind bizarrely upsetting.

PS. Photos vs. pictures: does anybody care but me?

3 comments:

D said...

I tend to use "photos" about images that I like, respect, consider art - that sort of thing, and "pics" about images that I'm much more casual about.

Anonymous said...

I'm subscribed to your feed via Google Reader and have so far only seen one of your entries twice.

I think I only use the word photo when I want to stress that I'm not talking about a painting, a drawing or a computer generated image. :-)

Kristin said...

Well that's good. I generally try to be no more than moderately annoying.