Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nebulae and clouds (they're pretty much the same thing)


I finally finished that mosaic of the Rosette Nebula for my astronomy class. It isn't the whole nebula but it's all the images I could take before the project was due. (Click for bigger.)


(Click for bigger.)

I talked my professors into giving me ( read asked them for) some time on the telescope over the summer. I think I'm going to try a really huge mosaic of the nebulae in the Orion constellation. It'll be awesome if it happens.

Extra sweet, there was a contest for the best image, prize being that they print your image out all poster-sized. I won. "Easily." I get it tomorrow.

So last weekend, me and Justin went to his parents' house (like we're doing this weekend for Mother's Day). On the way there, I tried to take some pictures of the clouds since they were super awesome and fluffy but apparently shooting through car windows craps out image quality. Who would've guessed? *eyeroll* So I decided to try out some neat photoshop filters. What do you think?





Neat? Stupid? Your call.

现在我应该去复习中文要不然我明天考试考得很不好。再见。

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the second image from the car. It would make me want to hop in my car and hit the road if gas didn't cost so damn much.

Anonymous said...

Definitely neat.
Congratulations on getting the poster of your mosaic... I am now officially jealous. ;)

Kristin said...

Darklighter-
I haven't been on a real roadtrip in so long. I miss them.

Graywayfarer-
My poster looks awesome. They printed it out 24"x18" (the actual image is smaller but they put a border with technical-ish info and stuff on it).