Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This Post Brought To You By: INSOMNIA! Get it now!

So since I can't sleep I figured I might as well post cute pictures of little kids and babble inanely.

Here's a small preface about my family. When I say m family, I am generally referring to all the people on my mom's side of the family. We have all lived within 30 minutes of each other (umm...except me since I've moved to college and my great-grandmother who only recently moved away from San Francisco a few years ago) for almost as far as my memory goes back. I've made a diagram to explain the rest. Length from the top roughly approximates age as in the lower on the diagram, the later they were born.



Also, since we've got quite a few generations here, I'll clarify that when I refer to the grandkids, I am referring collectively to my generation.


This is the only photo I took at my great-grandmother's party. It's of my eldest cousin, Alina. She was really into her cashew chicken.


This is Levi. He is my cousin Tesha's son and lacking more precise terminology, I usually refer to him as my cousin nephew thingy.


Levi cooking what appears to be another pan for me. I'm sure it was delicious.


Levi with his guitar. He has more toys than than all of us grandkids combined. Seriously.




Levi is taking my picture. This time he even has the part with the lens facing outwards.




Levi likes to throw things though I think that's pretty common amongst kids his age.


Tesha hates it when I take pictures of her acting goofy for Levi. She says it makes her look like an idiot. I think it makes her look like a good mother.


Levi has a train.


LEVI SMASH!


Tickles!

So for a totally non sequitur, I'm going to end this by talking about my sister's cat, Friday. She's so weird. She is as close to a completely black cat as you can probably get. She has a couple white hairs in her ears and on her belly but it's not even enough to be considered spots. She doesn't bury her poo, she just leaves it sitting right there on top of the litter. She hardly ever meows. If you try to pet her, she grabs your hand and will lick you for five minutes. She's friendly but she doesn't seek people out (as opposed to Justin's cats who are total attention whores). She loves to hide under the sofa bed and attack your feet when you walk by. She's always careful to keep her claws in though. On the other hand, sometimes when you try to pet her, she will grab your hand with her claws and bite you so hard she breaks skin. But I get the distinct feeling it's still playful. Last time I was here, she hadn't been spayed yet and was in serious heat. She actually tried to hump my arm. It was pretty gross. So anyway, she's a weird cat.

2 comments:

D said...

You were right. Chinese babies are damn cute. Maybe that's why there are so many Chinese in the world - the babies are so cute there must be a zillion of them at all times!

Kristin said...

I think it's more along the lines of our old folks never die.