Monday, June 9, 2008

Fire Breathers


Larger.

From left to right: Ian, Will, Justin, Luther. They, the Univ. of Iowa Juggalos as their club is called, were invited to perform at the
Exodus Music Festival (which unfortunately coincided with my trip home). They're pretty much a circus. There was juggling of balls, clubs, and torches. Luther balanced stuff on his chin, and they ended with a pretty impressive fire breathing routine (while Matt emceed and played Aerosmith covers). These photos are from one of many rehearsals.


Luther


Justin


Luther and Will


Fireballs!

So, I know it looks like they're drinking beer out of those party cups but they're not. It's actually lamp oil. I told that to my mom and she asked, "Doesn't that taste bad?" Answer:



Anyway, though I didn't get to see the actual performance, I heard it went really well and that they had more people watching them than the band that was playing. They've got another performance at the Picador scheduled for some time later this summer that I will get to attend so I'm looking forward to that.

In other news, I'm in Arkansas for the next two weeks visiting family and whatnot. Last night was my great-grandmother's 105th birthday party. It was insane. I'm pretty sure that every Chinese person in Arkansas was in attendance. It was held at Chi's, a Chinese restaurant. The staff was so overwhelmed. It took us at least a half hour just to get everyone seated, no exaggeration required. On the other hand, it actually went a lot better than I had expected. All my third cousins and people I haven't seen since I was in elementary school were largely too busy talking to each other to come over, pinch my cheeks, and exclaim, "Do you remember me? The last time I saw you, you were only this tall!" I feel like a dodged a bullet. Also, as I heard from Tabitha whom I don't recall meeting previously but suspect I am vaguely related to, I am at the University of Colorado studying journalism.

That's it for now. Prepare yourselves for dumb family pictures next post.

No comments: